If you believe your copyrighted content has been uploaded without permission, you can use the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) process by sending us a DMCA takedown notice.
Please make sure you understand what rights you are claiming before you submit a DMCA takedown notice because it is a serious legal document. Consider whether you need legal advice. It's really important not to make false claims as this could have serious legal consequences.
If the DMCA takedown notice is not in a valid format we will ask you to resubmit with the missing information.
For us to action a DMCA takedown notice it must be in a valid format, which means it must include the information set out at points 1-5 below. We’ve set out an example template here.
1. Explain the content in the Author’s item that you claim infringes your copyright, including a description and where we can find it the Author’s item - include the URL of the original content;
2. Explain your copyrighted content and let us know where we can see this published - include the URL;
3. Give us a detailed explanation about how you believe the content in the Author’s item violates your copyright;
4. Include your full name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
5. Include the following two statements:
"I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
"I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
By law, you need to sign and date your DMCA take down notice. If you send us the information via the report form for email, please note that by entering your full name you are providing us with your digital signature which is legally binding. If you want to sign a physical document you'll need to scan the document and email it to [email protected]